Wednesday 28 October 2015

Some Myths regarding SSC CGL Exam(Part 1)


It is advised to read complete post and don't skip any point.



First of all, I want to introduce myself so that I can break some myths related to SSC CGL
Exam. I am Sagar Gupta from a small village of Jharkhand(A Naxal Belt Area). I am a simple graduate in B.COM. I have completed all my studies viz. Matriculation, Intermediate, Graduation from my village only. There is no English medium school here. So I have completed all my studies from Hindi medium school.

 I am saying this all to break myths like (i) a hindi medium student can’t compete with English medium students.

When I was a novice at the beginning of the preparation of SSC CGL, I used to consult to “Bhaiya” who are preparing for SSC/BANK. They used to say,”Are yaar, Hum log hindi medium se h, English medium wale log se kaha compete kar payenge. SSC/BANK unke liye hi bana hai”. In short, the so called “Elder Bhaiyas” preparing for SSC/Bank will just demotivate you. One day I asked one of those Bhaiyas that What do u do to improve your English. One said “Kuch nahi”(nothing). Another Said “Newspaper kabhi kabhi padh leta hu.but sudharta nahi hai”. Here, I want to tell you that “kuch nahi karne ya kabhi kabhi newspaper padhne se kam nahi chalega”. You will have to labour hard to achieve anything in life. I am not saying that you will have to read 10-12 hours a day. I am just saying that in a day, give 4 to 5 hours maximum and that time is enough.  In that 4 to 5 hours, just study. I have seen people that at the time of study,they used to do whatsapp,talking with girlfriend etc. Wo sab karo but padhte time nahi karo.

Now comes to second myth (ii) A person who is living in a village and preparing from there only, can’t crack SSC/BANK.

 For clearing this myth,I will give example of mine.My other friends can also be the example. Since my birth, I am living in my village only and cracked SSC CGL EXAM in my first attempt with good marks and without any coaching and also got a respectable Interview post. After completing my Matriculation, People started telling me “Go to town for further studies. Why are you wasting your time living here in village?. Yaha se kuch nahi kar paoge,kewal awaragiri karoge. Aishe aishe word sab log mujhe bolte the ki kya batau”  I have listened very sarcastic words and that time sometimes I became so sad. :’( But I never said anything to them because somewhere in my mind and heart, I had determined that I will show them all What I can do. And see in my first attempt, I cleard SSC CGL :D . And now those people appreciate me,”Beta, tmne to Kamal kar diya J “. In a nutshell, I want to say that labour hard and everything will be alright.

Now (iii) It’s time for the third myth.

This myth is almost stated by failures or the person who wants to hide their shirkerness towards studies. The failures always used to say,” Bhai,hamara selection nahi hoga..SSC mai sab setting se hota hai…aj tak 350 se jyada cut off kabhi gaya nahi..aur 2013 mai cut off 420 ho gaya aur 2014 mai cut off 426 ho gaya hai..Itna cut off hike ho jayega kya ..sab SSC  wale corrupt ho gaye hai..jinka selection ho raha h,wo log paise se selection pa rahe hai, wolog cheaters hai and all that“ .. I want to tell you guys that this is all ridiculous…

Do you know why the cut off has increased drastically? This is due to the demand for Government Job among students. In recent days, People want respect,job security and handsome salary and perks. And all these things are in Government Job. So, Even B.TECH. and MBA students and even BANK PO are going for SSC. Due to these things, Cut off has increased. So don’t be shirker. Don’t think that students selected in SSC are cheaters. It is their hard labour that is why they are there. Stop listening to those guys who say all those ridiculous things like “SSC wale cheaters hai and all that”. JUST KEEP BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND GIVE YOUR BEST J.

(iv)Forth Myth-

This myth is natural. Even when I had started preparing for SSC, I used to think the same. But in due time, I realized that this is also a myth. As I told earlier I am from a non-math background and simple graduate in commerce.  So, I also used to think in the earlier stage of my preparation for SSC that Now a days B.TECH.(Engineering students) and M.B.A. students are also preparing for SSC. They have good command over English. They have also good command over mathematics due to the fact that they have studied mathematics in 12th voraciously.  I am from a Hindi medium. So, competing with those guys will be a hard nut to crack ( a very tough task). But during the preparation, I realized that in SSC, Questions are not asked of engineering level and that SSC Mathematics is all about practice and accuracy. Also,SSC englilsh is not that hard. Initially, It will look hard. A vernacular/hindi  medium student like me, may think that I can’t get even 15 marks out of 50. But after adoption of the strategies and books which I will share later in this post, You will see the changes in you. If you don’t believe in me then I want to tell u that I have completed even my graduation in hindi. But now my English is “thik thak(so so )” to crack SSC English section.

IN A NUTSHELL- These are the myths which is nothing but a ridiculous thing-

A hindi medium student can’t compete with English medium students.A person who is living in a village and preparing from there only without any coaching, can’t crack SSC/BANK.SSC mai kewal corruption hai aur cheaters log ka selection hi hota hai isme isliiye cut off itni high gayi.B.TECH.(Engineering students) and M.B.A. students se non-math background wale compete ni kar payenge MATH and ENGLISH mai…

 

5 comments:

  1. Great job bro............plz give me phone number....my first preference examiner if i am not qualify the pet exam....if iam not qualify any other post.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pavan.. I don't share my number.. I want to make one thing clear. If you get your first preference i.e. Examiner and You fail in its physical exam then no post will be allotted to you. So after analyzing everything, prefer post..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello sir I have been reading your post and its really motivating.... Sir I wanted to ask you that I have been using maths by m.tyra english by s.p bakshi and for vocabulary word power by Norman lewis.. Are these books enough to be merit list?and I do have solved papers aswell....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completed b.pharmacy with 45% of marks..
    Can I be recruited in ssc cgl...
    Plz clear my dought as it should never strike in mind again..
    Pllzzzz....

    ReplyDelete